These new UK Regulations amend Part 5 (Trade) of the 2019 Regulations, which contains trade sanctions measures, and makes related consequential amendments. The amendments provide for a number of trade restrictions involving –
- making available and the transfer of technology with the potential for the production and development of chemical and biological weapons (as well as related technical assistance, financial services, funds, and brokering services) – again existing controls already apply as well;
- technology with potential use for internal repression (although many such goods with potential for misuse are already export-controlled);
- expanding existing controls on chemical and biological goods and technology the export, supply and delivery, making available or acquiring of military goods and the transfer, making available or acquiring of technology, dual-use goods and technology, and critical industry goods and technology;
- maritime goods and the making available and transfer of related technology;
- Sterling- or EU-denominated banknotes;
- jet fuel and fuel additives, including related technical assistance, financial services, funds, and brokering services;
- the adding of further products to existing prohibitions relating to oil refining goods, and technology;
- the import, acquisition or supply and delivery of revenue generating goods that originate in or are consigned from Russia (as well as related technical assistance, financial services, funds, and brokering services); and
- the provision of technical assistance, and financial services, funds, and brokering services relating to iron and steel imports.
Any modest contributions for my time and ongoing expenses are welcomed! At Buy me a Coffee one-off contributions start as low as $3, at
NOTE THAT THE ABOVE LINK IS NOW CORRECTED AND WORKS!