On 6 August, a news release from the State Department advised the designation of 5 terrorist leaders in Africa as Specially Designated Global Terrorists (SDGT) under Executive Order 13224, as amended.
- Bonomade Machude Omar (aka Abu Sulayfa Muhammad and Ibn Omar) of ISIS-Mozambique;
- Sidan ag Hitta (aka Abu Qarwaniand Abu Abdelhakim al-Kidali) of Jama’at Nasr al-Islam wal Muslimin (JNIM);
- Salem ould Breihmatt (aka Abu Hamza al-Shanqitiand Hamza al-Mauritani), a JNIM senior leader;
- Ali Mohamed Rage (aka Ali Dheere), who is al-Shabaab’s spokesman and a senior leader of the group; and
- Abdikadir Mohamed Abdikadir (aka Ikrima), a facilitator and operational planner, and latterly senior leader of al-Shabaab.
Among other consequences, all property and interests in property of these individuals must be blocked and reported to OFAC.
Any modest contributions for my time and ongoing expenses are welcomed! I have a page where you can do so, and where contributions start as low as $3, at https://www.buymeacoffee.com/KoIvM842y