The International Chamber of Commerce Academy has published a revised guide guide to standby letters of credit (SBLC) which covers –
- What a standby letter of credit is;
- Why SBLC are used more commonly in the US;
- Risks and considerations to be aware of when using standby letters of credit;
- An overview of the different types of SBLC available;
- The differences between SBLC and other similar instruments including demand guarantees; and
- The rules and regulations you need to know about when using standby letters of credit.
Any modest contributions for my time and ongoing expenses are welcomed! I have a page where you can do so, and where contributions start as low as $3, at https://www.buymeacoffee.com/KoIvM842y