On 3 December, the FATF-style regional body for Latin America held a virtual Plenary –
- It discussed and approved the 2nd Regular Follow-up and Requalification Report on Cuba and the 5th Intensified Monitoring and Requalification Report on Nicaragua, which will be published after the conclusion of the process of reviewing quality and consistency with FATF. Delegations took note of the progress made by both countries.
- Reports of voluntary progress were also received from Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Honduras, Panama, Peru, the Dominican Republic and Uruguay.
- Approved the Strategic Plan 2020-2025 – which will be published in due course.
- Changes were approved in the International Standards and the Evaluation Methodology of the Fourth Round of Mutual Assessments.
- Reports were adopted from Working Groups on strengthening International Cooperation through the GAFILAT Asset Recovery Network (RRAG); analysis of the approach and impact of the informal economy on GAFILAT’s mutual evaluation processes; a guide to sectoral risk assessment associated with money laundering and the financing of terrorism; and on the submission of effectiveness information in the Mutual Assessment process, which contains guidelines and guidelines that may be useful to countries when developing, organising, systematising and presenting information on effectiveness in Mutual Assessment processes.
I had omitted the following link (as it did not seem to generate much interest!), but it seemed time to add it again and say that, if you would like to make a (polite) gesture and help me with my removal and computer costs, I have a page at https://www.buymeacoffee.com/KoIvM842y