On 14 October, a news release from the Home Office says that one will need to apply for an import and/or export licence when trading with EU countries in certain categories of drug precursor chemicals from 1 January, as current rules for trading in these chemicals with countries outside the EU will apply to trade with the EU.  Drug precursor chemicals which are controlled because they can be used to produce illicit drugs, but which can also have legitimate commercial uses.

I had omitted the following link (as it did not seem to generate much interest!), but it seemed time to add it again and say that, if you would like to make a (polite) gesture and help me with my removal and computer costs, I have a page at

Author: raytodd2017

Chartered Legal Executive and former senior manager with Isle of Man Customs and Excise, where I was (amongst other things) Sanctions Officer (for UN/EU sanctions), Export Licensing Officer and Manager of the Legal-Library & Collectorate Support Section

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: