The FATF Plenary meeting being held on a virtual basis on 24 June has on its agenda –
- The publication of an FATF report on money laundering from the illegal wildlife trade (to be published on 25 June);
- The publication of a report on the 12-month review of the implementation of FATF’s requirements on virtual assets and virtual asset service providers (VASP), which apply to the fast expanding cryptocurrency industry;
- The publication of a report to the G20 on so-called “stablecoins”;
- Developments in the financing of ISIL, Al-Qaeda and affiliates; and
- The priorities under the incoming German Presidency of the FATF.
If you would like to say thanks by making a small contribution, in case I need to upgrade or replace my computers and other paraphernalia, I have a page at https://www.buymeacoffee.com/KoIvM842y