The EU plans to introduce its new Import Control System 2 (ICS2) from March 2021 – in a 3-year phased transitional period to March 2024. ICS2 will directly affect all economic operators involved in handling, shipping and transporting of cargo, express or postal consignments, including –
- postal operators within and beyond EU;
- express delivery services;
- air cargo carriers;
- freight forwarding logistics companies;
- ultimate consignees established in EU (for goods received via maritime transport);
- maritime, railway and road carriers; and
- representatives of all of the above.
These will need to provide the safety and security data to ICS2.
ICS2 will also indirectly affect all manufacturers, exporters, and individuals from outside the EU, wishing to send goods to or through the EU. They will have to provide the necessary information to the directly affected stakeholders.
If you’d like to help to contribute to the cost of the new laptop and desktop I have had to acquire, now that I am 5,000 miles away from my originals – https://www.buymeacoffee.com/KoIvM842y