An Occasional Paper from RUSI on 9 March surveys the counterterrorist financing landscape and seeks to provide an approach through which a more appropriate and relevant response to terrorist financing can be developed. It provides an assessment of the different forms of terrorist actor and proposes ways in which a more informed and dynamic response to terrorist financing could be developed, with the following principles in mind –
- Clarify the objectives of CTF measures;
- Develop evidence-based CTF strategies;
- Make greater use of financial intelligence;
- Promote collaboration – between counterterrorism and law enforcement officials; public and private sectors; and countries and within regions; and
- Engage more actively with risks posed by new technologies.
If you’d like to help me buy that (badly needed) new laptop or, even better, a new desktop to replace the one now 5,000 miles away – https://www.buymeacoffee.com/KoIvM842y