On 5th November, OFAC advised –
- 5 new names added to the Venezuelan sanctions lists – being Venezuelan security officials and political figures. They have all previously been targeted for sanctions by the EU or Canada, have been linked to violence against opposition protesters and to corruption. They include Remigio Ceballos Ichaso, the top operational official in Venezuela’s armed forces. The others are Nestor Neptali Blanco Hurtado, a major in the National Guard; Secretary General of the National Defense Council Jose Adelino Ornelas Ferreira; Pedro Miguel Carreno Escobar, a deputy of the government-controlled National Constituent Assembly; and Carlos Alberto Calderon Chirinos, a senior intelligence official;
- amended Venezuelan General License 34A “Authorizing Transactions Involving Certain Government of Venezuela Persons” 9replacing General License 34 from 5th November);
- new Venezuelan General License 35 Authorizing Certain Administrative Transactions with the Government of Venezuela;
- new and amended FAQ related to the above General Licenses; and
- revoked 2 Syrian sanctions General Licenses (Licenses 2 and 3) related to the suspended sanctions imposed on Turkish government agencies and officials.
This blog is primarily for my own use, to keep informed and up to date. However, if you would like to say thank you (and perhaps help me get a new, better laptop when I am away…) you can “buy me a coffee” at https://www.buymeacoffee.com/KoIvM842y