On 12th March, Herbert Smith Freehills published the latest edition of this newsletter which said that late 2018 and early 2019 saw a flurry of regulatory developments and proposals relating to AML. The briefing discusses many of these developments and proposals, including –
- the FCA’s thematic review on money laundering risks in the e-money sector;
- amendments to compliance requirements in respect of anonymous safety deposit boxes;
- the FATF’s Mutual Evaluation Review of the UK;
- reform of the UK Suspicious Activity Reporting regime; and
- a recent RUSI paper on the scale of money laundering in the UK.