On 23rd October, Intergame published a video interview about the new rules from the UK Gambling Commission that come into force from October 31st. The changes to licence condition and codes of practice covers 5 main points –
- operators will be required to abide by UK advertising codes which are written by the committees of advertising practice and enforced by the Advertising Standards Authority;
- operators will be held fully accountable for the actions and behaviours of third parties, including affiliates;
- operators will be required to comply with consumer law, particularly in relation to online promotions and the withdrawal of customer funds;
- operators will be required to introduce better complaint handling processes and we’re introducing a new 8-week limit for the resolution of customer complaints; and
- operators will be required to ensure that they don’t spam UK consumers by electronic means.