On 18th July, FATF released the report it had submitted to the July 2018 G20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors’ meeting. The report, in particular, concentrates on –
- FATF’s work programme on virtual currencies/crypto assets, including money laundering and terrorist financing risks of virtual currencies/crypto assets, the regulatory environment for virtual currencies/crypto assets, revision of global standards and guidance and improving operational capacity;
- Countering the financing of proliferation of WMD;
- Countering the financing of terrorism;
- Improving transparency and the availability of beneficial ownership information;
- Improving the effectiveness of the criminal justice system: FATF engagement with judges and prosecutors;
- De-risking; and
- FinTech, RegTech: digital identity.