On 15th May, OFAC announced sanctions on the Governor and a senior official of the Central Bank of Iran, an Iraq-based bank and its chairman, and a key Hizballah official. They are designated for having moved millions of dollars on behalf of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps-Qods Force (IRGC-QF) to Hizballah. Those designated are –
- Valiollah Seif – Iran’s Central Bank Governor
- Ali Tarzali – assistant director of the International Department at the Central Bank of Iran
- Aras Habib – Chairman and Chief Executive of Al-Bilad Islamic Bank
- Al-Bilad Islamic Bank – for being owned or controlled by Aras Habib
- Muhammad Qasir (Qasir) – for acting for or on behalf of Hizballah
These measures do not themselves extend to the Central Bank of Iran.