GLOBAL GCN SURVEY: COMMERCIAL BRIBERY PROHIBITIONS AND ENFORCEMENT
Baker McKenzie survey analyzed where commercial bribery is a criminal offense, who may be prosecuted and how active the local authorities are. The results, published on 6th November, analysed responses from 74 countries to 6 questions –
- Is commercial bribery a criminal offense in your country?
- If commercial bribery is a criminal offense, may the bribe giver and the recipient be punished?
- Does the prohibition apply to (i) individuals, (ii) companies or (iii) both?
- If commercial bribery is not a criminal offense in your country, is it prohibited by any other laws (e.g. unfair competition etc.)?
- How active are your local law enforcement agencies to enforce commercial bribery in your jurisdiction?
- To the best of your knowledge, how many commercial bribery proceedings took place in your jurisdiction over the past three years?